The beginning of the month is here and that means a blog income report! I love blog and income reports because they help hold me accountable, show me what I have accomplished and where I need to grow. Each month I share marketing strategies that I try to grow my blog and business. I share ideas that I tried and then what worked and didn’t work. My hope is that my wins, losses, and lessons will help you on your blogging journey too!
One Word to Describe August: Growth
The Numbers: August Stats
|Women Winning Online Facebook Group||754||1,021||+267|
I have four main goals for my blog:
- Help people through my writing and services.
- Increase pageviews every month.
- Increase my email list every month.
- Earn an income through services, classes, products, reviews and advertisements.
Let’s take a look at how I did meeting my goals this month!
Are you ready to start your own blog? Check out my step-by-step tutorial on how to get your blog up and running in just minutes!
August Goals Win or Miss?
1. Hit 3,000 pageviews: Win+++ 4,353 to be exact!
- Publish a post consistently every Tuesday: Win-ish published a lot of content but missed one Tuesday.
- Share posts in my Facebook group: Win
- Use Tailwind for my Pinterest strategy: Win
2. Publish: Win
- 2 marketing/business posts: Win
- 2 personal posts: Win-ish only 1 but I am okay with that.
- 1 goal post: Win
3. Grow to 750 email subscribers: Win+++ 806 to be exact!
- Promote lead magnet in Facebook groups: Win
- Create a free reports page: Miss
- Add all lead magnets to Pinterest: Miss
- Update end of post opt-in to Grow Blog Traffic lead magnet: Miss
- Run one Facebook ad: Miss
4. Grow Facebook group to 850 women: Win+++ 1,021 to be exact!
- Continue to promote through email opt-in thank you page: Win
- Promote in Facebook groups where allowed: Win
- Promote on Twitter and Pinterest: Miss
5. Increase Pinterest traffic by 25%: Win+++ Increased 43%!
- Use Tailwind to pin my posts on group boards: Win
- Add Lifestyle blogging boards to my Tailwind strategy: Win
- Get added to 3 more group boards: Win
- Delete my under performing pins: Miss
6. Sell 100 “Find Your Tribe Online”: Win+++ 129 copies sold!
- Promote over email sequence to current subscribers: Win
- Include as part of sales funnel autoresponder: Win
- Promote in my Facebook group: Win
- Promote in other Facebook groups: Win
7. Post daily on Twitter: Miss
- Share my blog posts: Miss
- Share blog posts of women I want to lift up: Miss
- Share one blogging tip a day: Miss
8. Figure out Main Affiliates: Win
- Pick 3-5 that I want to promote: Win
- Brainstorm ideas on how to promote them: Win
9. Guest Posts: Miss
- Publish two posts to HuffPost: Miss
- Submit interview form to Smart Mom Blogger: Miss
10. Create Membership Site: Miss
- Stick to my schedule of building a membership site in 30 days: Miss
Note some of these links are affiliate links including items I have personally used. Please see my affiliate disclosure here. If you have any questions about my income or expenses please leave me a comment below!
- Find Your Tribe Online: $1,403
- Thrive Themes: $214.50
- Strategy Sessions: $194
- SiteGround: $200.00 —> This income comes from a page where I show you how to start a blog in under 10 minutes.
- ThemeForest: $18.30
- ConvertKit: $14.70
- ActiveCampaign: $2.70
- Google Adsense: $0.44
- ActiveCampaign: $17.00
- The Membership Academy: $39.00
- Profit Track: $97.00
- SendOwl: $15.00
- Find Your Tribe Online Affiliates: $76.50
Net Income: +$1,803.14
Are you ready to start your own blog? Check out my step-by-step tutorial on how to get your blog up and running in just minutes!
Ladies I worked my tail off this month! There were a lot of late nights, early mornings, and too much screen time for the kids this month. But I must admit I had a lot of fun busting my hump on my business. I had a plan this month and I worked it and it shows in my growth for this month.
I also took a leap of faith and invested in myself this month. I signed up for a coaching program and I firmly believe it was the coaching and group accountability that helped me rock in August. There was something about being in a group of like-minded people that know what I am going through that helped fire me up. It was a great resource for me for any issues that came up along the way too.
Takeaway: When you put your mind to it and your work ethic you are unstoppable. Decide what you want to get done for the month and then get after it!
2. Find Your Tribe Online
On August 1st I released Find Your Tribe Online. My goal was to sell 100 copies of the program in August. I sold a grand total of 129!! Oh my gosh can you believe that?! I honestly thought selling 100 was a bit of a stretch goal so when I hit 100 sales and kept going I was in shock! I sold 120 copies myself and my affiliates sold nine. (Thank you affiliates!)
But even more amazing to me is how fast Find Your Tribe Online started working for people after they downloaded it. I have one client that tripled her traffic after joining a few Facebook groups and Pinterest group boards. I have dozens more that email me every day and tell me they are doubling their traffic every.single.day. using FYTO. Real people are getting real serious results with Find Your Tribe Online and I am ecstatic! I spent 60+ hours working on creating FYTO and to see it work for people makes me more happy than I can tell you. Yay for all of you that have purchased it and are seeing these incredible results!
Are you ready to see the same kind of results and double or triple your blog traffic every single day? Then get your copy of Find Your Tribe Online and rock your September. You won’t regret it!
Takeaway: I will detail the how, why, and what of Find Your Tribe Online in another post, but for the takeaway I suggest creating your own product. It is the only income that you get 100% of and the one you have the most control over.
After I wrote July’s Blog & Income Report, I planned what my month would look like. I bought an actual physical planner at the end of July and started to use it. Every Sunday I sat down and planned out my week. I had my main goals that I wanted to get done every week that matched my goals for the month. I put those weekly goals in my planner on Sundays. There was something about writing them out that made me more focused. I also added in any appointments or strategy calls that I had for the week. Doing this made it so I didn’t overload my days.
Takeaway: Like the old saying goes “a goal without a plan is just a wish.” Take the time to figure out where you want your blog or business to go during the month. We are all busy and the more we can plan, the more we will stay on task, and actually meet our goals.
4. Focusing on Making Money
One of my main focuses for August was to make money. Does that sound harsh? I hope not because as much as I love what I do, I would like to earn an income from it. This was the first month that I decided to make growing my income the number one priority. I had three main income streams I focused on: Find Your Tribe Online, strategy sessions, and affiliate income. Based on the income totals above I think I did alright. 🙂 It just shows again that what you focus on, what your prioritize, grows.
Takeaway: Is making money from your blog or business something that you want to do? Sit down and figure out your main income streams and how you are going to inject cash into them. Then make a plan to make it happen!
I am in month two of Tailwind and I love it more than ever. I am so thankful for Tailwind! It has helped grow my Pinterest account and send more traffic to my blog. My traffic from Pinterest is up 43%! I have created two different lists of group boards. One for bloggers and one for lifestyle/general blogs. I have a rotating schedule that pins content all week long to the group boards. It takes me about 15 minutes to set my pins for the week and then it is on auto-pilot. I love anything that helps me grow and is on auto-pilot. Double win!
Takeaway: This one is easy. Get Tailwind stat. If you don’t have it and you are a blogger it is a must-have investment.
If you sign up for Tailwind using my referral link you get a month free. Definitely worth checking out for free! Sign up here: https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/jennifersnyder
6. My Facebook Group
We hit a huge milestone in Women Winning Online at the end of August. We hit 1,000 members! This was a big deal and we treated it as one! I did a special promo post and it seems like half the group was in on it. It was fun! By the time the day was over it felt like it was my birthday!
These women continue to be the most supportive, encouraging, and helpful group of women. I am so honored to lead this group and help these women grow!
Takeaway: If you don’t want to start your own Facebook group, then get involved in someone else’s especially if the group is in your niche. Get involved and help other people. It will help you grow your blog. It has done wonders for my blog and business growth!
7. My Email List
In August I put my email list to the test. Up until this point I had only sent the one weekly email on Sundays with the occasional email during the week. In August I stepped it up and sent more emails and people responded! I think as bloggers we are scared to send emails to people because we worry that they will get annoyed with us or they will unsubscribe. I know I have that fear! But I pushed past it this month and sent those emails. I sent a lot of emails out about Find Your Tribe and my email list is responsible for 82% of my sales of the program. This is a perfect example of why I am a fan of email lists and why every bloggers should have one. Your email subscribers are loyal and if you give to them they will show up for you.
The other thing about my email list is that it grew on it’s own this month. About halfway through the month I was stressing out because I didn’t think I would hit my goal with my email list. I thought maybe I would add 25 or so people during the month. The reason I thought this is because my focus was on promoting Find Your Tribe Online, not my email list. But I added 104 new subscribers! It shows that the landing pages and opt-in buttons are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. They do the work for me so I can focus on growing the blog and the business. Gotta love tools like that right?!
What Didn’t Work
1. Healthy Boundaries
The first week of August when I launched Find Your Tribe Online, my kids spent a lot of time on the iPads and my husband was taking on the role of single parent. I was working, I was promoting, I was tweaking, I was writing. I found myself on my phone way too much and interacting with friends online, and not paying enough attention to those in real life. I was also staying up way too late working, something I have worked so hard not to do. I’m not going to lie, it made me pretty crabby to those that had to live with me and I feel bad about that. But I also know that this is the ebb and flow of life. Some weeks will be more family focused, some weeks more business focused. I also know I get really excited about who I am working with especially when the help I am giving them is working. BUT I still need healthy boundaries. I’m a work-in-progress and this is definitely on the top of my work list.
2. Growing My Email List
Even though my email list grew this month, I have to admit, it wasn’t through anything I did! I barely promoted my email list on Facebook. Like barely at all. I was all about promoting Find Your Tribe Online. That was my main mission. Growing my email list is vital to the growth of my blog so I need to make sure to do things to make it grow every month.
3. Guest Posting
Hahaha, complete fail on this one! I KNOW I need to be guest posting but it keeps failing to the bottom of my priorities. I struggled with this in my last blog too. But my guest posts take me 4-6 hours to write and I am not sure I have that time right now. It’s a struggle and I am not really sure what I am going to do about it. I am only one person so it’s tough.
4. Creating the Membership Site
About five days into August I decided I wasn’t going to create the membership site. I am not really sure about what exactly triggered this change in plans, but I am glad I didn’t do it. I think part of me was worried that I would do all this work and no one would buy it. Or I would do all this work and like four people would buy it. That can be soul crushing for an entrepreneur. So I had a change of plans.
Also after I joined my group coaching program I realized that Adrienne was doing something different. She was building the group, then the membership site around the group. I realized what a brilliant strategy this is. She is coaching people and then will add the content to the membership site as well as additional content as we go along. I decided to go this route instead of creating the full blown membership site.
5. Social Media Scheduling
I swear scheduling my posts on Twitter has to be the thing I am most terrible at and don’t even get me started on my Facebook page. I thought last month I had a good system going, but for some reason this is something I couldn’t continue with in August. I find it boring as all get out and it takes the “social” out of social media and that’s the part I like best. So this is something that I think will be the first task I hand off to a VA when I hire one.
6. Facebook Traffic
You know what keeps me up at night? The fact that like 85% of my blog traffic is coming from Facebook. I hate that. It scares me to death. Facebook at anytime could drop the hammer on Facebook groups, like they did Facebook pages, and *poof* 85% of my traffic is gone. It means to me that I need to step it up in other areas like Pinterest, my email list, and SEO.
September’s Blog Goals
1. Hit 5,500 pageviews
- Publish a post consistently every Tuesday
- Share posts in my Facebook group
- Use Tailwind for my Pinterest strategy
- Include posts in my weekly email newsletter
- Share on Instagram
- Share on Twitter
- 2 marketing/business posts
- 1 personal posts
- 1 goal post (this one!)
3. Grow to 950 email subscribers
- Promote lead magnet in Facebook groups
- Add all lead magnets to Pinterest
- Update end of post opt-in to Grow Blog Traffic lead magnet
- Run one Facebook ad
- Share daily on Twitter
- Share every other day on Instagram
- Share once a week in my Facebook group
4. Grow Facebook group to 1,150 women
- Continue to promote through email opt-in thank you page
- Promote in Facebook groups where allowed
- Promote on Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram
5. Post daily on Twitter and Instagram
- Share my blog posts
- Share one blogging tip a day
- Share one photo a day on Instagram
6. Sell 60 “Find Your Tribe Online” (Want to help me hit my goal by buying it? Click here!)
- Promote weekly in my Facebook group
- Update sales funnel autoresponder
- Promote in other Facebook groups
- Share a portion for free with my email list
- Do one case study from a blogger who has had success with it
7. Launch First Webinar
- Launch 9/7 & 9/8
- Sign up 150 people
- Blow people away with great content!
(P.S. You can sign up here: http://womenwinningonline.com/grow-blog/)
8. Launch Group Program
- Launch program September 7th & 8th
- Hit goal of only allowing 40 women into the group
- Successfully launch first accountability challenge to the group
- Hold 3 office hours Q&A for group
9. Host Paid Landing Page Webinar
- Host webinar the week of the 19th
- Update content material for webinar
- Promote in Facebook group, my email list, and other Facebook groups.
- Have 100 people sign up
10. Do 3 Strategy Sessions
- Promote in my Facebook group
- Promote on my email list
September’s Personal Goals
This is an update to this original post published earlier this month. I have some personal weight loss goals that I really want to meet that I am struggling with. I figure the public accountability is working on my blog, maybe it will work for my personal goals! I thought about starting a new blog to track these goals, but honestly I don’t have the time! Plus I think as women business and personal has so much crossover doesn’t it? I think it’s important to show my real life, not just business or just what looks good.
Having three babies in five years, plus starting two businesses, has taken it’s toll on my body! My big, fat, hairy goal is to lose 36 pounds. I have lost 17 pounds so far this year and have slacked this summer. I figure the public accountability will help me! I am a member of Weight Watchers and I do the meetings in person. I also belong to a local gym, Lifetime Fitness, and will add working out to my goals. Now with all that background here are my weight goals for the rest of September!
Goals as of September 17th:
Weight Loss Goal: 7 pounds
Weight Watcher Goal: Attend 2 more meetings, Track everything I eat and drink
Workout Goals: Workout 6 times this month
Adding these weight loss and workout goals to my blog goals feels really well rounded to me. Plus the public accountability will be really good for me!
September, you are going to be one busy month! Not only are we starting school and getting back into a routine, work as usual is full steam ahead! What are you up to in September? How did you do for your August goals?