I am excited to share that Women Winning Online was nominated by Amanda May of Maple Alps, Erica of The Big Red Patch House and Sheena of Pop Goes Perfection for a Liebster Award! I feel honored to have been given this award by my peers!
What is a Liebster Award?
A Liebster Award is an award created by bloggers given to other bloggers in our community. The goal of the award is to introduce our followers to newer blogs on the internet. It’s a great way to work together and make the blogosphere a more fun place!
Liebster Award Rules
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the Blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
- Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about you
- Nominate 11 Bloggers for the Liebster Awards
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions
I have 31 (!) questions to answer since I was nominated by three people. Thanks ladies! Here we go!
11 Questions from Amanda May of Maple Alps
1. What is your favorite hot drink?
I love a nice white chocolate mocha, skim, no whip from Caribou or Starbucks. When I’m being “good” I love black tea. The darker the better.
2. What is your process while writing a new blog post?
The first thing I do is layout my ideas on my Trello board and put them on an editorial calendar. Then when it is time to write I just write. I do it without editing to let the thoughts flow. Then I edit the post using two grammar apps and by reading it out loud. I am pretty detailed about this process.
3. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog because I want to help other women like me that want to have the flexibility in their lives to work from home doing work they love. It has changed my life and my family’s too and I want to help other women achieve that success.
4. Is there a story behind your blog name?
I wanted something positive that reflected my goals and dreams for this blog. It took me FOREVER to come up with it. It took a change of scenery for me to get it. I was sitting at Starbucks drinking my white chocolate mocha and BOOM it came to me.
5. If your life were to have a theme song, what would it be and why?
Depends on my season of life. Right now I think it would be “Survivor.” 🙂
6. Do you play any instruments?
I played the flute in junior high and high school. Not well but I did it!
7. Where do you find the most inspiration?
When I am pacing to get to my 10,000 steps a day, in the steam room or first thing in the morning.
8. Name a place on your bucket list you haven’t visited yet.
Europe. I want to do the Grand Tour. Is that still a thing?
9. Would you change your first name if you could? To what?
Yup sure would! How many Jennifers do you know?! I have always disliked my name. I always wanted to be named Elizabeth which is part of the reason why we gave that middle name to one of our daughters.
10. What is one thing you never travel without?
My phone. I always, always have my phone.
11. If you could do anything for 24 hours, what would you do?
Go to Kohler Spa with my husband and relax. It is my happy place.
10 Questions from Erica at The Big Red Patch House
1. When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be?
I wanted to be a doctor, an OB/GYN to be exact. But math and I don’t get along so that dream went down the drain.
2. How do you feel your vision for life has changed since then?
I still want to serve and help people but I want to do it my own way. More importantly I want to do it in the way that works best for my readers and clients.
3. What is your blog’s mission and vision?
My mission is to teach women how to start, grow and prosper from online business. I have been blessed to work for myself for over 10 years and I want to teach women how to do it too. It has given me so much freedom and flexibility in my life. I want other women to experience that too!
4. If you could choose one charitable cause to donate $1 million to, which would it be?
Our church. They are great at knowing who needs that blessing.
5. When you’re in a slump, how do you get yourself out?
I walk away from everything for at least 24 hours. No computer, no Facebook, no Twitter. Only me, my family and books. I take a vacation from life. I nap if I feel the need to. I veg on the couch if that feels good. I take a good long break.
6. What advice would you give someone else who was having a difficult time in life?
If you are a spiritual person, pray without ceasing. It might sound trite but God can bring you out of anything. I know this is true because He has done this for me, more than once. Second whether you are a spiritual person or not, surround yourself with your people. Don’t be afraid to tell your spouse or best friend that you need their help and you need them to listen. We weren’t meant to exist in a vacuum so reach out to those you can trust. I promise you will return the favor some day.
7. Where do you see in yourself in 5 years?
Shhh….in 5 years I will be over 40. I always think about where I will be based on the ages of my kids. Comes with the Mom territory I think. In 5 years everyone will be in school full time giving me more time to devote to my business during normal working hours. I will be fit and healthy with a strong marriage, great kids and still learning more about my faith and God. We will also be 100% debt free.
8. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
In 5 years I see this blog as having many voices inside of it. Women sharing their stories of success online. Women helping each other get ahead. I see lots of writing, videos, courses and helpful tools to help women truly win at the game of online business.
9. What would you do differently if you could start your blog all over again?
Since I am a week old that’s tough to say. The one thing I can tell you that is driving me crazy is I don’t have an email opt-in offer set up yet. On my old blog that was my bread and butter so not having it up yet makes me twitchy!
10. What advice would you give a brand new blogger?
Jump in with both feet and go for it! It won’t be perfect, in fact it may not be great, but we all start somewhere and this is your start. Don’t ever compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. Be you, the world needs your unique voice.
10 Questions from Sheena Stewart of Pop Goes Perfection
11 Facts About Me
- I am a die hard Iowa Hawkeye fan. I am from Iowa, went to the University of Iowa and I bleed black and gold. Win or lose I always cheer for my Hawks.
- Part of bleeding Hawkeye football has meant that my kids have learned some words they shouldn’t have in their short lives.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla. If I have the choice of 100 ice cream flavors I will always choose vanilla.
- Before I had kids I loved to fly in planes. Now I am nervous when I fly alone and straight up a nervous wreck when we all fly together.
- It took me 2 years, 2 surgeries, a lot of doctor appointments and even more prayers to get pregnant with my first child. Numbers two and three were helped along by two (or three) bottles of wine.
- I have a mild to extreme obsession with Garth Brooks. We share the same birthday so that only helps feed my obsession.
- I have Lupus and secondary Raynaud’s Phenomen and Sjögren’s Syndrome. At least one of them bothers me every day.
- I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen it help me and others more than once.
- I love to scare my kids and not terrified scare, but jump out behind a door when they are walking through it scare. I even do this to the 2 year old. I am a good mom like that.
- I have a drive to succeed by something even I don’t understand in myself.
- I met President Bush three times. Love him or hate him, he was the leader of the free world and meeting him was cool.
That was fun sharing a little bit, okay a lot, about me, but now it is time to hear from others! Here are the bloggers I have nominated. Be sure to check out their answers!
Jennifer @ Crown Me In Glitter
Jessica @ Modern Day Girl
Lisa @ Many Hats Coaching
Dorota @ Dooseet
Kelly @ Motherhood: S**t Just Got Real
Markita @ She Was Debtful
Brent @ Down Home Daddy
Ashley @ New Mom in a New Era
Idalisse @ Lashionista
Melissa @ Love Always, Mel
Kimberly @ A Beautiful Mind 4 Me
Your turn! Here are your 11 questions to answer. Please comment on this post with a link to the answers to your questions! Congratulations on being nominated– have fun with it!
- Why did you start your blog?
- Is your blog a hobby, a business or a hobby that you hope to turn into business?
- Did you always want to write or is this a new talent you have discovered?
- What motivates you to blog?
- If you could wave a magic wand over your blog, what would you like to see when you opened your eyes?
- What is your favorite vacation?
- Are you a glass half empty or glass half full person?
- What’s your number one organizational tip?
- Dogs, cats or neither?
- What do you want to learn more about when it comes to blogging or online business?
- What is your favorite social media site and why?
Thank you again for nominating me Amanda and Erica! I look forward to seeing what my nominees have to say!